How to Share Wi-Fi Password on iPhone and Android
Have you ever had trouble getting a new Wi-Fi connection to work? People don't always remember their passwords, so they have to scramble to get it for you. And sometimes people have the longest and most complicated passwords that have ever been used. If you think that the only way out of these painfully awkward situations is to not ask for the Wi-Fi password, which seems even worse, you're wrong. You could just ask other people for the Wi-Fi password from their device so you don't have to type it. Or, if it's your network, you can share it with other people and be a good Samaritan. Here's how to share WiFi password on iPhone and Android.
How to share WiFi password on iPhone
You can share your Wi-Fi password from an iPhone to another iPhone, iPad, or Mac running macOS Sierra or later, but not to an Android device. Both the sending and receiving iPhones should have iOS 12 or a higher version.
Before you can use your iPhone to share your Wi-Fi password, you also need to do a few other things. So before you begin:
- Wi-Fi and Bluetooth should be turned on for both devices, but the personal hotspot should be turned off.
- Both devices should be signed in to iCloud with their Apple IDs and have each other's Apple IDs saved in their contacts. That is, the person sharing must have the Apple ID of the person sharing saved in their contacts, and vice versa. You can't just tell random people your Wi-Fi passwords like this.
Now that you've met the requirements, here's how to share the Wi-Fi password on iPhone easily.
1. The person who wants to share should go to their device and open the Settings. Then, touch Wi-Fi.
2. Tap the Wi-Fi network you want to join out of those that are available. The Enter Password box will pop up. But you don't need to type in the password because it's time for the sharer to do their magic.
3. The person who is already connected to the Wi-Fi network in question and who is sharing the password needs to unlock their iPhone. Then, move it closer to the other device so it can connect via Bluetooth or Wi-Fi.
4. A pop-up will appear on your phone. Click where it says "Share Password."
5. The share will be given the password, and their device will be able to connect to the Wi-Fi network. Tap Done to finish.
How to share WiFi passwords on Android
With Android 10, anyone with an Android or iOS device can share their Wi-Fi passwords with anyone else with just a few taps and a QR code. You have to be connected to a Wi-Fi network in order to share its password.
1. Go to your Android phone's settings menu. In the settings, tap the Connections option.
2. Go to the Connection settings and tap on Wi-Fi.
3. The network that you are currently connected to will be at the top of the list. Tap the Settings button to the right of the network you want to change.
4. Network details will open. Touch the QR Code button at the bottom of the screen (or Share on some Android devices, but the icon will always be a QR code).
5. The QR Code will be shown to the public. Ask the other person to point the camera on their phone at the QR code. A pop-up will appear on their screen and ask if they want to join the network. When they tap on it, they'll be connected to the Wi-Fi network without having to enter a password.
So, there you have it. You can use these ways to share Wi-Fi passwords wirelessly. Now, you can keep ridiculously long and complicated passwords for your home network that are safe. If you share your password in these ways, no one will think you are weird because they won't know what you are doing.
Leave a reply