How to Take a Screenshot on Android
Taking a screenshot is an easy way to share or save important information. This article will show you how to take a screenshot on different versions of Android in an easy and quick way (Android 10, 11, 12).
How to take a screenshot on Android
Using the button on your Android devices
Taking a screenshot usually involves one of two key combinations, the Volume Down and Power buttons, or the Home and Power buttons on your Android device.
1. At the screen you want to capture, press and hold the Home button and the power button at the same time for about 2-3 seconds until the screen flashes a notification that it was successful.
2. Check the screenshot in the gallery.
Using the built-in shortcuts
Not all phones can take screenshots with the way the Android operating system is set up by default.
Samsung devices work by pressing the power button and the home button at the same time. But the way they are done is the same. You'll see a message on the screen telling you that it worked, and the screenshot will be saved in the Gallery.
For phones with physical hardware keys
1. Swipe to the screen you want to capture > Press and hold the Home button and the Power key at the same time until the phone notices that the screenshot has been taken successfully.
2. Open the gallery to check the screenshot you just took.
For phones without a physical home button
1. On the screen you want to capture, press and hold the volume down button and the power button at the same time.
2. Check the screenshot again in the gallery.
Using the notification panel
A screenshot icon will be provided in the notification panel for some devices. Simply pull down the notification panel and tap the screenshot icon. Some devices with this icon are: Asus, Acer, Xiaomi, Lenovo, LG.
1. Swipe the phone screen from the top down.
2. Click Screenshot > Go to Gallery to review the screenshot just taken.
Using a three-finger swipe
Some specific devices also allow you to take a screenshot by swiping down with three fingers on the request screen. These devices include Oppo, Xiaomi, OnePlus 5, 5T, 6...
1. Go to Settings.
2. Select Gestures & Motion and turn on the item Three fingers screenshot.
3. At the screen you want to capture, swipe your 3 fingers at the same time on the screen. When the screen flashes, it means the notification was successful.
4. Check the screenshot in the gallery again.
See also: How to take a screenshot on Mac.
Where to find your screenshots on Android
To find your screenshot recordings:
On Android 10 or earlier:
1. Go to Photos.
2. Tap on the three parallel lines located at the top left corner.
3. Select Device folders and tap Screenshots.
On Android 11 and 12:
1. Go to Photos.
2. Tap on Library at the lower right corner.
3. Under Photos on device category, tap on the icon above Screenshots.