How to Uninstall Apps on a Mac
You can get rid of apps that you don't use on your Mac to make room for other things. Either Launchpad or the Finder can be used to do this. This is especially important if a bad app is giving you trouble. Here are a few ways to get rid of apps on your Mac for good.
How to Uninstall Apps on Mac using the Launchpad
Launchpad makes it easy to get rid of apps you bought from the App Store.
1. Click on Launchpad in the Dock to open it.
You can also use the Applications folder to open it.
2. Look for the app you want to get rid of.
If you can't find the app in Launchpad, type its name into the search box at the top of the screen. You can also use two fingers to swipe right or left on your trackpad to see the next or previous page.
3. Next, click and hold on the app icon. After a few seconds, the icon will start to shake, and in the top-left corner, you'll see an X.
4. Click "Delete" next to the app you want to get rid of, and then click "Delete" again to confirm.
Right away, the app is taken off. Apps that don't show up either didn't come from the App Store or your Mac needs them. You can get rid of an app that didn't come from the App Store by using the Finder.
How to Uninstall Apps on MacBook with Finder
1. On your Mac, click on the half-gray, half-blue face icon in your Dock to open a new Finder window.
2. On the left side of the screen, click Applications. You can also press Command + Shift + A at the same time on your keyboard to open the Applications folder.
3. Move the app to the Trash by dragging it there, or right-click on it and choose File > Move to Trash.
4. If asked for a user name and password, use the name and password of an administrator account on your Mac. This is probably the name and password you use to log in to your Mac.
5. Go to Finder and choose Empty Trash to get rid of the app.
How to Uninstall Apps on MacBook with App Uninstaller
Some apps come with their own way to delete them. It is best to use the uninstaller tool that came with the program to make the process of uninstalling safer.
1. Open a Finder window. You can also open a new Finder window by clicking on the desktop and pressing the Command and N keys.
2. Click Applications in the left column.
3. Open the program's folder. If the app isn't in a folder, it probably doesn't have a way to remove it.
4. To get rid of the app, double-click on the tool.
5. Follow the instructions to delete the app.
Now that you know how to get rid of these apps for good, you can do so and give your Mac more space.
Anyone who uses macOS should know how to delete apps from their MacBook. Maybe you put an app on your desktop a long time ago that is now taking up too much space. You might have downloaded a game that you no longer play and want to delete it. No matter why you already have an app on your MacBook, you need to get rid of it.
Leave a reply