How to Update Twitter Profile
Wondering how to customize and update your profile on Twitter? If so, this post is definitely for you. Here is the step-by-step guide on how to update Twitter profile; let’s take a quick look now.
How to Update Twitter Profile: The complete guide
It’s quick and easy to customize and update your Twitter profile the way you want.
Step 1. Launch the Twitter app on your device or go to twitter.com.
Step 2. Log in to your account. Skip this step if you’ve signed in to your account already.
Step 3. Go to your profile.
Step 4. On your profile page, click or tap “Edit profile.”
Step 5. Now, you can edit different aspects on your profile. You can change your header photo, profile photo, display name, bio, location, website, and, of course, birth date.
Step 6. Tap or click on any of these areas that you want to make changes. Here are more specific guides:
- Change your Header photo: Click or tap the camera icon, select the image that you want to use as your new header photo, and then select Apply. Note that the recommended dimensions for your Twitter header photo are 1500 x 500 pixels.
- Change your Profile picture: Click or tap the camera icon, choose the image that you want to use as your new Twitter profile picture, and then select Apply. Note that the recommended dimensions are 400 x 400 pixels.
- Change your Name: Type the name you’d like to use as your new display name. Make sure that the name you choose is not longer than 50 characters.
- Change your Bio: Edit your bio if you want. Make sure it’s longer than 160 characters.
- Change your Location and Website: Update the location and website if you want.
- Change your Birth date: If you want to edit your date of birth, simply tap or click the Edit button right next to the "Birth date" section, choose Edit, and then update the information. Here, you can also choose who can see this information. Note that you are only able to change your birth date a few times.
Step 7. Click or tap "Save" to finish.
Note: Your Twitter header photo and profile picture can be in the JPG, PNG, and GIF file formats.
Leave a reply