How to Sign Up for an Instagram Account
This article has everything you need to create an Instagram account. You can sign up with your email address, phone number, or Facebook account. And you can complete the sign-up process on both Desktop and Mobile devices. Here is how.
Instagram Sign Up
You need to have the Instagram app installed on your mobile to set up an account. You can get it from the Play Store or App Store.
1. Open the Instagram app.
2. Select either option:
- Sign up with email or phone number to create an Instagram account using your email address or phone number. (Proceed to Step 3).
- Log in with Facebook to sign up using your Facebook account. (Proceed to Step 8).
3. If you select Sign up with email or phone number, you will have to type your phone number and click Next. Otherwise, if you want to register an account using your email address, tap Email, type your email address, and then tap Next.
Instagram may ask if you'd like to allow it to send and view SMS messages. Tap Deny or Allow.
4. Type your full name and password and then tap Next.
5. Instagram will automatically generate a username based on your name or your email address. You can change it by tapping Change Username and typing the username you want. Tap Next to proceed to the next step.
6. Instagram will ask you some basic questions to make your experience on Instagram much better. You can select the option you want or tap Skip to decide later.
7. If you register with your email address, you will have to confirm your email by clicking the Confirm your email address link in the verification email sent by Instagram. This will help you get back in if you're locked out of your account.
8. If you select Log in with Facebook, you will be redirected to the Facebook app or Facebook on your web browser to authorize the Instagram app. You will need to log into your Facebook account and tap OK.
9. Provide your full name, username, and password, and tap Next.
Your Facebook profile picture will be set as your Instagram profile photo.
1. Go to https://www.instagram.com.
2. Fill in the required information:
- Email address or mobile number
- Full name
Or, you can click Log in with Facebook to set up an Instagram account with your Facebook account.
If you register with an email address or phone number, click Sign Up.
If you register with a Facebook account, you will be prompted to log in (if you are currently logged out). Click OK when Instagram asks you to share your public profile and email address.
Next, type your full name, username, and password, and tap Sign Up.
4. You will receive a verification email. Check your email and tap on the Confirm your email address link to fully activate your account.
If you use your phone number, you will receive a confirmation code via a text message on your mobile. Type the code and tap Next.
That is how to sign up for an Instagram account on both Desktop and Mobile. It's simple.
Leave a reply